AHLPoker Forums Forum Index

<  General  ~  Frank Nozykowski AHL #1775

ckrex
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
AHL Admin Joined: 26 Sep 2006 Posts: 1712 Location: Dallas, Tx.
AHL mourns the loss of Frank Nozykowski

Frank passed at the age of 62 this past Friday after complications resulting from several strokes.

Frank was one of the good guys; he had a great sense of humor and gave it as good as he got it. I met Frank within the first few months of AHL poker playing in several venues in the Plano area. He was just one of those people that you were comfortable around, a former military man (who looked the part) that landed with a career as a cafeteria manager for the children of Wyatt Elementary School who referred to him as "Mr. Frank". He played Santa at Christmas and handed out Spider rings at Halloween just to make those kids days brighter. Honestly I just read these things myself in an article and it made me think, "Look at the time he took for others". I never knew Frank did so much for these kids and how missed who would be even outside of poker.

I found this description from an article in the Dallas Morning News and I think this shows the type of gentlemen he was,

"He joined Wyatt Elementary when it opened 10 years ago. And a few years back, he asked Molianen for permission to buy a microwave for the school kitchen.

Befuddled, she recalled asking, "Why is that?"

He told her he wanted to be able to reheat lunches the children brought from home."

Click here to read the article.

Frank was also an AHL poker player and managed to rack up over 46,000 points over the past few years! That is currently 38th all time in an AHL member list of over 10,000 people! Thinking about it now it seems Frank had three families; blood, lunchtime and poker and took the time to be good at each. I encourage each of you that read this to reply and share a story or thought.

Frank, we will miss you at the table and that goes for poker and lunchtime

Those Polish guys really know how to leave their mark,

Adam
AHL Poker

Create your own AHL Signature
kfarbs
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Anyone that knew Frank, loved Frank. What a fun and easy going guy. I will deeply, deeply miss him and his great attitude. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Love,
Kathy