AHLPoker Forums Forum Index

<  AHL Daily News  ~  Are you tipping your host?

AHLAdmin
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
AHL Admin Joined: 15 Nov 2007 Posts: 16776753
Here is why you should Very Happy
Arrow
We have a couple of locations currently on our calendar where host are receiving little or no tips for their services. We wanted to take the time to explain host tips and how they benefit the entire process. We do in fact pay our AHL host a minimal hourly wage as a full W2 employee (most leagues pay employees under the table avoiding their tax obligations and costing YOU as a taxpayer money). However, tips are a very important and essential part of their income. $1 from each person means the world to the host and if you play AHL Poker you know we have some GREAT hosts.

Every dollar (100%) that AHL Poker saves due to host tips is used solely to increase nightly prize money! Meaning we pay them less hourly to give you more nightly. If certain locations do not tip the system doesn't work and that locations prize must be lowered in order to be fair to the host and make sure they are cared for.

AHL hosts work for tips and we hope all members that feel our hosts have done their job well will tip them for their service.

Your AHL host is the center of the tournaments you enjoy so much!
Host cannot give chips for tips of any kind but here is why you tip them:
Our AHL host work hard;
-Set up/Break down
-Clean up
-Keep the time and blinds in order
-Even tables as the tournament progresses
-Keep the peace
-Organize all chips and stacks
-Award your bonus chips
-Deal final table
-Collect player data and enter all tournaments for your AHL Points
-Anything and everything to host a great tournament for your enjoyment!

Please remember they work off of tips and these guys and girls are working hard for you!

If you have any feedback, questions, comments or ideas please email me at adam@ahlpoker.com, I would love to hear your take.

And, to the majority of you out there that are taking care of these host I would like to thank you personally on behalf of myself and all of the hosts!

Thank you for your support,
Adam Thompson