AHLPoker Forums Forum Index

<  AHL Daily News  ~  I Guess sometime Hearts can be too Big

ckrex
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
AHL Admin Joined: 26 Sep 2006 Posts: 1712 Location: Dallas, Tx.
Last night sometime Jerry "Polish"suffered an aneurysm and passed away at the age of 32.
Arrow
He was in good health and other than drinking and smoking socially had no known health risks. He recently took up fishing and had a perfect day at the lake yesterday (other than he called me from the boat and said a fish swam away with his pole). Any of you who met or knew Jerry understands what a loss this is. Jerry changed every life he touched in some way or another and I know that is a very common expression at times like this but I assure you it hits home. Jerry and I met years ago playing poker and became friends almost overnight. I know in the AHL that members have grown accustomed to seeing me and my antics on a nightly basis and I want you all to know that Jerry was the Real Superstar of the AHL and he was very humble about it. Jerry and I came up with the idea of the AHL on his porch almost a year ago and he believed in the concept and our members so much that he repeatedly turned down very lucrative positions in companies so that he could see our dream accomplished. He loved to play and he loved the people and he loved very much seeing the AHL grow at the speed it has. That was never a surprise to me considering the heart that he put into the site and the ideas that we shared for the future. He was my Brother, Partner, Teammate and most of all Best Friend. He was an example for Husbands everywhere with the way he looked at, talked about and felt overall about his wife Kristin. Jerry talked to me several times on this subject of his 13year relationship with Kristin and I assure you that you do not need to feel bad for Kristin because they knew what they had in each other and did not waste it. Jerry came here from Poland when he was 16 years old (having survived black rain and communism) to make a life through hard work and genius. He saw opportunity at all times and not just for financial gain but for a successful life in general and that is exactly what he created and helped build for many other people including me. Jerry was a leader and was the only person I know that could tell me when I was wrong and find a listening ear. We talked a few times of something like this happening as I am sure all friends do without even considering the actual possibility. We would tell each other that without the other one we would be unable to finish all the things that we started together and probably would not want to but it was Jerry that convinced me that if anything ever happened that the other would make our mark for both of us. I want all of the AHL family out there to remember Jerry in life and not in death because he is still here. Every time you see Kristin Burke, Shawn, his wife Kristin or myself you are seeing a piece of Jerry and in 5 years when the AHL has grown throughout the country it will be all of you and those pieces that got it there. Thank you for all the texts and emails that you have sent. We lost someone that can never be replaced and I hope that all of you truly realize that. My biggest fear is that many times when someone passes they are remembered for awhile and then it some what drifts into memory and I want Jerry to be remembered always because I know that he would do the same for me.

Jerry I know wherever you are that you are in front of a computer reading this and critiquing my punctuation which we both know I suck at. I love you man, Thanks

Last edited by ckrex on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
PokerHo
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I am so terribly sorry to hear about Polish. He was friendly and cheerful to everyone he came in contact with. My thoughts and prayers are with his many friends and family. Celita
Shamrock
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
What terrible, terrible news.

My most heartfelt condolences to Jerry's family and friends. They will be in my prayers.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Polish will always be remembered. I never had a bad experience with him, and my last memory was sitting right next to him playing poker, both of us laughing and having a great time. That's what this league is all about and he personified that every night.

The league, but more importantly anyone who met Polish, has lost a great friend. I wish I could have known him better, but I offer my condolences to those that did.

Take care Polish, go with God.

-Jellyfish
PapstDFrisco
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow is all I can say. I came out looking for this weeks password and found this. This is a major loss for all of us. It is a real shame to lose someone so strong and passionate about their dream at such a young age. My heart goes out to his family at their time of loss.

I am fairly new to the community so I didn't really get to know him that well and that is my loss from all accounts. He will be missed.

Godspeed to you 'Polish'
69donkey
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
We are so sad for Jerrys family and he will be missed by his poker family.He was a really good guy that I enjoyed talking with and playing cards against.RIP
MrReindeer
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
To the friends and family of Polish.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I am so sorry to hear about Polish. What a great guy to have lost. You will be missed Jerry. My thoughts are with all his family and friends.

-Shaun-

Red_Coat
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote
May God be with you Jerry....you will be missed and you had so many people that cared for you! Keep your chin up Adam we are here for you.

M.Groves

tHe ReD CoaT
SomeMoFo
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quote
I am deeply saddened to hear of Jerry's passing. I met Jerry almost 10 years ago, as we were both very actively involved in a video game league. I enjoyed years of his company in that setting. Then, a few years later, we were reuntited in Poker. Another passion that we had in common. That was Jerry's trademark, Passion. He threw himself fully into everything he did. His greatest loves (other than his family - His # 1 Love) seemed to be competetive games. This is probably because he thrived on giving something his all. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the AHL family. Jerry will be missed and remembered always.

May God keep Jerry and bless his family!

Joseph Harris
Dr. J
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote
The league lost a great friend. Polish was always...always...nice to me. Always greeted me with a smile, said hi and made one feel as if they were the only one in the room. That says a lot about his character and who he was. Kristen, if you need anything, please let us know.
edseldope
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I played you only a few times, and started a friendship with you. I feel bad that I will not be able to sit at the same table as you again. My wishes go out to you and your family

Lucas
PGM
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
To Polish family
I am sorry for your loss. If their is anything that I can do please let me know.
ckrex
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know how much your posts have helped. Kristin and myself check these on a regular basis and it is very comforting. If you have any stories about your personal experiences with Jerry feel free to post them because the stories seem to help and the well wishes do as well.

Thank you very much,

Adam

Create your own AHL Signature
J_Irish
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
My heartfelt condolences go out to Kristen and Jerry's family as well as to Adam and the AHL family and to all friends of Polish.

I was very shocked and saddened to hear about this.

I just met Jerry towards the beginning of the AHL, which was towards the end of last year. I'll echo the previous messages that Jerry was very passionate about everything he did and often went out of his way to serve others. Anytime that I talked to him about ideas to enhance the "customer service" for AHL, he was all-ears; he always returned phone & e-mail messages with lightening speed and would do anything to enhance others enjoyment in our league. He was all about serving the customer and making others happy first. Everytime I ever saw him he always greeted me with a smile, which often brightened my day.

I will miss you tremendously, Polish. Thank you for all that you sacrificed to make others happy. May God bless and be with all of Jerry's family and friends as they grieve.

Adam, thanks for sharing the news and the story. Please continue to keep us updated and let me and the others know how we can best help Kristen and her family and you through this most difficult time.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Polish was my biggest fan and I his. I never enjoyed arguing with anyone more. It was his idea to create Rummy's Ramblings. He knew that my writing would bring more people to his great website. I knew his website would help people read my great writings. We had a lot in common. We both knew we were great.
ckrex
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Jerry talked about you all the time and looked forward to you coming to America and meeting everyone. I enjoyed the few times that i talkede to you on the phone and you will always have a brother here in America.

I love you all and am always here if you need me,

Adam (Jerry's sidekick)

Create your own AHL Signature